Sunday, August 5, 2012

Whimsical

I remember as a little girl, it was such a treat when my mom painted my nails. Sometimes she would even let me paint her nails! As I grew older, I went years and I mean YEARS without painting my nails, partially because of my job but also because I wasn't that interested in them. It wasn't until my husband entered his second deployment that I was bored enough to decide to paint my nails. Although I do enjoy nail polishes now, I still don't paint them that often. However, as I strolled through Ulta the other day, I found myself looking at nail polishes and Revlon's nail enamel in Whimsical caught my eye.


It may be hard to see in the picture, but the base color is a very light opaque blue. Although it is opaque, I thought two coats gave my nails nice, pretty coverage. This is actually my first experience with glitter in a nail polish or glitter all together, but I must admit that I liked it. What I love about this polish is that the glitter is not overwhelming, it has a very subtle affect. Your nail is not completely covered with glitter, but the glitter is scattered across your nail and  the beauty of the opaque blue can still be seen.


I started off with Rimmel's Base/Top coat Pro and ended with the Seche Vite's top coat.




Although the Rimmel brand is both a base and top coat, I only used it as a base coat because I think it makes the polish look dull and it lacks a shine that I like in a top coat. What I do love about the Rimmel's Base/Top coat Pro along with their nail polishes is the brush. It is wide and flat, which allows for better control and a more even application.


The Seche Vite top coat is probably the best top coat I've ever used! Not only is the finish shiny, it helps the polish dry faster and protects it from chipping prematurely. I've noticed that when I use Seche Vite as a top coat, my polish last a good 7-10 days or until I grow tired of it!

I've worn Whimsical now for a few days and have had many compliments! Definitely a new favorite find for me for now!

~Hong


No comments:

Post a Comment