Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pretzel, Rolo, Pecan Bites

I have found a new love! The other day, one of my co-worker shared a snack his wife packed in his lunch. A pretzel, topped with a rolo and toasted pecan. It was so good that when I got off of work that night, the first thing I did was hunt down the recipe. The recipe I followed was from this blog, with a couple of minor changes: http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/09/pretzel-rolo-turtles.html.

As you might expect from the title, the ingredients are pretty simple:


  • Miniature pretzels
  • Unwrapped rolos
  • Toasted pecans
The quantity of each is dependent on how many or how much you would like to make. Just keep in mind that each bag of Rolo contains about 56 Rolos. I was making this for a family picnic, so I made a total of 72 bites. 


I think the one thing that really made these bites unbelievable are the toasted pecans. The flavor of the pecans is much more vibrant simply by placing them in the oven for a few minutes! My tip is to prepare everything before you even start toasting the pecans. Meaning, lay out your pretzels, unwrap your Rolos and place one on each pretzel. I thought I could do all that as the pecans were toasting, but the 8 minutes went by so fast and before I knew it, they were done and I was still unwrapping the Rolos!

Toast pecans for about 8 minutes
Pretzels all laid out
Rolos unwrapped!
One Rolo per pretzel, bake for 5 minutes
Toasted pecan placed on each soften Rolo
Ready to eat!
This recipe is so simple and quick to make! It is sure to please even the most picky eater as well as hit your salty/sweet spot perfectly!

Hope you guys enjoy!

~Hong

Pin It
Ingredients:

  • Mini pretzels
  • Unwrapped rolos
  • Pecan Halves
-Preheat oven to 350 F.
-Place the pecans on baking sheet covered with parchment paper and toast pecans for 8 minutes. Remove pecans from oven.
-While the pecans are toasting, arrange pretzels on another baking sheet.
-Place one Rolo on each pretzel and bake for about 5 minutes till the Rolos are soft, but not too melted.
-Remove from the oven and place one toasted pecan on top of each Rolo and gently press down till it is embedded into the Rolo.
-Allow to cool completely before storing.




No comments:

Post a Comment