Monday, October 29, 2012

Glitter Nail Polish

I must admit that lately, I have developed an obsession for glitter nail polish! So when Ulta had a buy one, get one free Butter London nail polish, I was quick to take advantage of the opportunity. I have actually never tried Butter London's nail polish, but I have heard great things about it including color pay-off, sustainability, and being free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP and parabens.

To start myself off slow, I choose only two nail polishes. Just by looking at the picture online, I knew I would LOVE Lovely Bubbly and sure enough I did! It is a beautiful purple base with red, blue, and gold glitter mixed in. Two coats will provide sufficient coverage, but I personally liked the deep hue I achieved by three coats.

I used the same base and top coat as I usually do, Rimmel's Base Coat/Top Coat Pro and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. As mentioned in a previous post, I like the Rimmel as a base coat, but not so much as a top coat, hence, I tend to reach for the Seche Vite for that job.


I must admit that I am pretty picky about my nail polish's brush, which the Butter London brush was not necessarily my favorite, but it was not bad either. I prefer a flat brush and the Butter London brush was more round. However, I do like that the brush is slim and short, which allows for better control.


So far, it has stayed put without any chipping for four grueling days and I have received so many compliments! I recently bought six more Butter London nail polishes during another sale on Ulta that I cannot wait to try so come visit soon for updates of my favorites!

~Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment