Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Present!

Yes, I know. It is not actually Christmas yet. This year Chris and I decided to have an early gift exchange so that I could learn and have this gorgeous Pentax camera to take pictures with on Christmas day. 

Pin It

During my high school days, I loved photography. I could even develop and mount my own pictures. My wonderful husband wanted to get me an awesome camera so I could relive those days and as he said, photography is one hobby I truly love. And he is right. I always have a camera in my hand, everywhere I go!

I am by no means a photography guru, but for those who are and would like a few basic details on this camera:

  • Pentax K-5 II DSLR
  • 16.3 Mega pixel
  • 80-51200 ISO with wonderful noise performance
  • 3-Inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution and a viewfinder
  • Shake reduction stabilization system
  • Dust resistant, weather sealed, and cold-proof 
  • Built-in flash
  • Continuous, interval or multi-exposure shooting
  • Timer
  • Shooting with a remote control
  • Full HD, 1080 movie recording
  • Lens: Pentax 21977 DA 18-135mm; f/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR
I could go on and on about the multitude of functions available on this camera, but really it is extremely easy to use with just the basic knowledge of photography. However, if you take the time to read the manual, you can create gorgeous pictures. My two favorite features are it's ability to take superior photographs in low light and the option to select between eleven different points of focus when in autofocus. When push comes to shove though, you can simply use the automatic mode to use it as a point and shoot camera. For an in-depth review of this camera, head on over to the photographyblog








I did decide to get a filter lens to block UV light and prevent a blue cast from natural light without altering the subject's true color. Also, it helps to protect the actual lens from scratches and dust. Needless to say, I LOVE this camera. Expect some gorgeous pictures to come!

~Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment