Saturday, December 8, 2012

Corn Salad


Pin It
The holidays are coming and there will be plenty of food to eat! For Thanksgiving, all of my siblings bring a dish or two to my parents for dinner. That way, one person isn't left with cooking all day long. Chris and I are usually in charged of the ham, but this time, I also wanted to make a simple and healthy side dish. My family loves vegetables so I literally decided to empty my cupboards and refrigerator to make a salad.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans (15 oz each) sweet corn
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans
  • 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
  • 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
  • 1 bunch of green onion, chopped
  • 25 mini tomatoes, cut in half
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 lemon, extract the juice
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a large bowl and gently fold together. 
Cover and refrigerate over night. 
Drain excess fluid before serving.
Makes about 10 cups.


Enjoy!

~Hong






No comments:

Post a Comment