Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lacy Crochet Baby Blanket


Pin It
One of my favorite hobby is to crochet. My sister taught me to crochet when I was in college and I have been whipping out blankets ever since. After making a few large afghans for our bedroom as well as for several family members, I started crocheting baby blankets. The fun thing about baby blankets is it's a quick project with a gorgeous ending. Plus, there is always someone having a baby whether it be a family member, friend, or a co-worker and a crochet blanket makes for a great gift. I found this pattern on the website, Lacy Crochet, and it is extremely easy to follow. Definitely good for any beginner!

The materials I used included:
  • Lion Brand Baby Soft Yarn in Cream (the amount of yarn is dependent on the size you decide to create)
  • Susan Bates' I9/5.50MM crochet hook
  • Boye's 00/3.50MM crochet hook-to weave in the ends of the yarn
  • Scissors
Although it is simple, it is also very elegant and would be a perfect gift for a little boy or a girl. Here is the pattern up close:


More pictures of the blanket:






For the edging, I kept it simple:

  • Row 1: ch 3, counts as first dc. Turn. *Dc across, ch 2. Repeat from * around. Then sl st to join. 
  • Row 2: ch 3, counts as first dc. Turn. *Dc across, ch 2. Repeat from * around. Then sl st to join. 
  • Ch 1, reverse single crochet around, sl st to join.
  • Finish off and weave in ends

It was even approved by our little Ava:


If you have any questions, leave me a comment and I will try my best to answer it. Hope you give this pattern a try!

~Hong

Pin It








No comments:

Post a Comment