Sunday, December 30, 2012

No Added Flour, Eggs, or Sugar!

Banana, Pecan, Raisin Cookies



Pin It
Eating healthy can be hard. Not only are there soooo many yummy unhealthy foods available, but I also don't want to sacrifice the taste. I am always looking for healthy treats to make for Chris and I. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. These cookes were absolutely declicious as well as quick and simple. The recipe I basically followed was from Watch What I Eat, with a few modifications.

The ingredients included:

  • Bananas
  • Uncooked, Old Fashioned Oatmeal
  • Unsweetened applesauce
  • Golden raisins
  • Pecans
  • Cinnamon





First thing first, I started with toasting the pecan halves:

I toasted the pecans at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes

2 very ripe bananas

Mash the bananas with a fork till creamy

All ingredients mixed in a large bowl
 Dollop of the mix on a cookie sheet lined
with parchment paper

The result after 30 minutes in the oven set at 350 degrees

 Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup of pecan halves, toasted
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork till creamy
  • 2 cups of uncooked old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/3 cup of golden raisins
  • 2 tsp of cinnamon
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Lay the pecan halves on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven for about 8 minutes. Once toasted, lightly crush with a mallet
  • Using a fork, mash the ripe bananas till nice and creamy
  • In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients well and set aside for 15 minutes
  • Spoon the mixture a spoonful at a time on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten the cookies.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes or till golden brown
Hope you guys will give this recipe a try! Let me know how they turn out!

~Hong

Pin It






No comments:

Post a Comment