Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crochet Spiral Hat!

Pin It

Although I have been crocheting for almost 10 years, I have pretty much stuck to afghans and the occasional scarf. Other than that, I have not tried making anything else. Well, as the cold winter months lingered and I am roamed through Pinterest, I kept seeing these gorgeous crochet hats. Finally, I caved and decided to give it a shot. As I looked for a pattern, I found Charlotte Yue's Twizzler Crochet Hat. She is kind enough to post this pattern for free on Ravelry and I just love the unique spiral pattern! Her directions are easy to follow and she even gives tips to make the hat more/less slouchy and the rim tighter/looser. I chose to make it more slouchy by an additional three rows. Best of all, you can make a cute and warm hat in just a few hours!

For my hat, I used Sensations Sincerely in Charcoal Grey with a J crochet hook. This particular Sensations Sincerely yarn is 100% Acrylic, extremely soft, as well as very warm. One roll is large enough for almost three hats! The awesome thing about Joann is if the color is not in stock at the store, you can place a special order for the sale price plus use your coupon! They said it could take up to six weeks for it to arrive, but my order came in 1 week. However, since this yarn was on clearance for $1.99 along with my 20% off coupon, I would have gladly waited the six weeks!

It's basically made out of half-double crochets (hdc), back-post treble crochets (bptr), back-post double crochets (bpdc), back-post half double crochets (bphdc), and front-post double crochets (fpdc). The pattern even has directions on how to create all of these stitches!

The view from the side.


a
Another view from the back, don't you just love the spirals?


Hope you give this pattern a try. I am planning to do a few more in different colors for my sisters!

~Hong

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hong, do you perhaps still have this pattern available? The one on Ravelry isn't available anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for this pattern Hong please. Also can't find Charlotte Yue's. Has been removed. Would appreciate.
    fritzilla61@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete