Monday, February 25, 2013

Shell Afghan-Crochet

Pin It



If this blog post looks familiar to some, it's because it has been posted before. I was messing around with my blog on my cell phone and before I knew it, I had deleted several of my published posts (yeah me)! Since this was a popular post with a free pattern, I thought it was worth re-posting. The pattern is Dream Lacy Baby Throw by Lion Brand Yarns. This really is a pretty and simple pattern that would be great even for beginners. Once you learn the stitches, they repeat until an entire blanket is created. I made this blanket as a gift for a friend's one year old son so I made it larger than instructed and mine ended up being about 48 in x 48 in. The picture above actually shows the blanket folded in half. This pattern works up quite quickly and I was able to complete it in about 3 months of working on it off and on.

My materials included:

  • Size H crochet hook
  • 1 Lion Brand Pound of Love in Antique White
  • 1 Bernat Baby Sport in Baby Denim Marl
Let's take a look at the blanket:

The pattern up close (note that I accidentally took the picture sideways )




For the border, I chose a neutral solid color to create a contrast between the body and the edging. I really loved how it turned out! Close up of the border:



Pin It

 I hope you give this super easy pattern a try. If you do, let me know how it turns out!

~Hong





No comments:

Post a Comment