Friday, January 11, 2013

Winterize My Skin-Part 2

Pin It

In Winterize My Skin-Part 1, I talked about my favorite exfoliators, cleansers, acne treatments, and face mask. In Part 2, I am going to let you in on my favorite moisturizer both face and eyes along with some awesome foundation options that I reach for particularly in the winter.

Keeping my skin hydrated is a difficult task in the winter. My skin can be extremely dry, so flaking is a constant issue. I'm also a firm believer of using anti-aging products even at a young age as a preventive measure for the future, but my sensitive skin can easily get irritated by retinol, peptides, amino acids, vitamins and other anti-aging ingredients. Right before Thanksgiving, I bought Clinique's Repair and Lift Set. It includes Clinique's repairwear laser focus, uplifting cream, and intense eye cream. This is one of the best set of skincare I have ever tried! Every piece in this set is amazing!


The repairwear laser focus is formulated with enzymes to help with wrinkles and correct UV damage. Just 2-3 drops is enough for adequate coverage and is safe to use for both the face and eyes. Thankfully, I don't currently have any wrinkles, but this is not irritating, is great with hydrating my skin and hopefully will discourage wrinkles from creeping up on me. I use the laser focus at night and the uplifting firming cream for my face and the intensive eye cream during the day. The repairwear uplifting firming cream and the intensive eye cream are very thick and once again, hydrating. After only a week of use, I noticed an increase in firmness of my overall skin along with brightening the area around my eyes. This really is an excellent, affordable, skincare set.



Kukui Oil

For really dry patches, I use Kukui Oil. It was given to me by a friend after her return from Maui. It is meant for dry skin, sunburn, eczema, and psoriasis. I usually use it at night since it is quite thick and makes my skin shiny. This oil works great at soothing the redness and dry patches from my eczema without clogging my pores or breaking me out.

Dry skin can make it difficult to achieve an even and flawless skin when applying foundation. The foundation may settle into the crevices created an uneven and patch appearance. For days when my skin is flaky, after using the Clinique repairwear uplifting firming cream, I apply Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer spf 20. Since it is a moisturizer, it hydrates without clinging to the dry skin. Although it is a sheer foundation, it is buildable and does well with covering slight redness.
Laura Mercier's Tinited Moisturizer in Sand
For areas of hyperpigmentation or extreme redness, I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Concealer. A little goes a long. It stays put all day and will cover anything! Also, like the tinted moisturizer, it does not enhance my dry skin, blends well and can be worn on its own on days when I am in a hurry. Best concealer ever!

The theme for all these products is they work with my dry, combination, sensitive, acne, and eczema prone skin. They are great at hydrating my skin as well as disguising the redness associated with my eczema. I hope you give some of these products a try and let me know how they work for you!

~Hong

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment